This apple slice tastes like a decadent apple pie without all the calories and carbs!
CAUTION: Avoid lupin if you have a peanut allergy
- 1/2 cup lupin flour (70g)
- 1/2 cup wholemeal flour or gluten free flour (80g)
- 1/3 cup almond meal (30g)
- 3/4 cup Natvia (stevia/erythritol) (150g)
- 200g plain yoghurt (2% fat)
- 4 eggs (200g)
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 medium apples (400g)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cardamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground clove
- 1 tsp soda (5g)
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup currants
- Preheat oven to 170C (fan-forced). Spray a large square pan (about 15 x 25cm) with oil and line with baking paper.
- Peel apples and thinly slice. Add to saucepan, sprinkle with 1tsp cinnamon and currants and cover with water. Simmer for about 10min until soft.
- In a bowl, combine flour, almond, spices and soda.
- In another bowl whisk eggs and add Natvia and yoghurt and combine well. Add flour mixture and combine to form a thick batter.
- Pour the batter into the pan. Layer cooked apples and walnuts on the surface of the batter.
- Bake for 30min or until just set. Set aside to cool.
- Serve with a dollop of Greek yoghurt..
If you like these recipes, please share them!