Quick & easy, fruity & spicy, enjoy these treats anytime. Delicious warm from the pan, and any leftovers are great buttered in a picnic basket!
This recipe is courtesy of the Irwin Valley website.
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- ½ cup (62g) Irwin Valley Lupin Flour
- ½ cup (75g) gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon xantham gum
- 2 tablespoons raw caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla essence
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 30g butter, melted
- plain Greek yoghurt to serve
- Sift flours, nutmeg and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl.
- Stir in sugar. Make a well in the centre.
- Add mashed banana, egg and buttermilk. Using a metal spoon, gently fold until just combined.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Brush with melted butter. Using 1 tablespoon batter per pikelet, cook pikelets, in batches, for 1 to 2 minutes or until small bubbles appear on surface. Turn pikelets over and cook for a further 1 to 2 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Transfer pikelets to a plate and cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining butter and batter.
- Serve pikelets with natural Greek yoghurt.